Keeping you safe, Keeping our Staff Safe
Like many establishments we exist to serve you, our customer. During these challenging times we’re doing our level best to deliver a wonderful service while adapting continuously as we learn more about the Covid-19 Virus. Our team is committed to ensuring the best set up and service for our customers and employees. We have your health and safety at the heart of our business during this pandemic. Our team took time and great measures to devise, practice, and implement a solid plan. The staff and management are very proud to have stringent protocol in place and ready to welcome you back. We strive to be the leaders for all restaurants, creating a blueprint on how to reopen safely. Please see below the strategic protocol plan we have set into motion. We are happy to address any questions or concerns during this period and thank you in advance for your understanding and flexibility as we receive the latest COVID updates. We will do our utmost to meet your needs while not compromising the health and safety of others. We have worked hard to establish an environment where everyone, customers and staff, are treated with respect. Thank you for your time and your patience. It feels great to be back. Welcome home. Please enjoy your new dining experience on our ocean view terrace.
Our Outdoor Dining Experience
Fact: Our outdoor dining area is huge! You could land an F35 Fighter Jet and still have room for a 100 person barbecue, its that big.
Due to the challenges of offering an indoor service we have transitioned to become a complete Al Fresco dining restaurant.
We have invested in Sun Shades for the day time, and as always we have heat lamps for the evenings. Perched on the cliffs of La Jolla, we recommend bringing a light coat or sweater to adapt to our microclimate.
We look forward to welcoming you back to enjoy our glorious Pacific Ocean sunsets.
Our Covid Specific Operating Procedures
Designed to keep everyone as safe as possible we’ve implemented the following rules. We ask you to please be gracious to our servers, they are simply doing their best to meet state, city and our own rules
- While standing or walking on our ocean view terrace please wear a face covering. If you’ve forgotten to bring your own mask, we are happy to provide one for you.
- All guests dining on-site will be politely asked to have their temperature checked and our staff will also perform a quick symptoms survey. We appreciate your cooperation.
- Our tables have been spaced to maintain in most instances 11 feet of distancing, please DO NOT reposition the tables.
- We can cater for a maximum of 4 people around a single table with our current layout. If you have a special seating request please speak to us ahead of time and we’ll do the best we can to accommodate you.
- Staff ONLY allowed inside cafe at the moment.
- Guests can enter and exit the restrooms at the east entrance to the cafe, adjacent to the Roth auditorium. Masks are required when using the facilities. We kindly ask to limit two guests per restroom at a time. Hand sanitizer stations have been strategically placed at the entrance/exit.